Publications and Current Research
- “Automating Leibniz's Theory of Concepts” (with Jesse Alama and Edward N. Zalta), in A. Felty and A. Middeldorp (eds.), Proceedings of the 25th International Conference on Automated Deduction, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence 9195, Dordrecht: Springer, 2015. [Preprint]
- “Relations vs. Functions at the Foundations of Logic: Type Theoretic Considerations” (with Edward N. Zalta), Journal of Logic and Computation, Volume 21 (2011): 351–374. (doi:10.1093/logcom/exq017; Journal of Logic and Computation Advance Access published on June 16, 2010) [Abstract] [Preprint] [Reprint] [References]
- “A Computationally-Discovered Simplification of the Ontological Argument” (with Edward N. Zalta), Australasian Journal of Philosophy, Volume 89, Number 2 (June 2011): 333–349. [Abstract] [Preprint]
- “Reflections on the Logic of the Ontological Argument” (with Edward N. Zalta), Studia Neoaristotelica, 4/1 (2007): 28–35. [Preprint]
- “Accuracy Studies of a Parallel Algorithm for Solving the Hydrodynamic Formulation of the Time-Dependent Schrödinger Equation” (with R. Glenn Brook, Charles A. Weatherford, Ioana Banicescu, and Jianping Zhu), Journal of Molecular Structure: THEOCHEM, 592/1–3 (13 September 2002): 69–77.
- “Solving the Hydrodynamic Formulation of Quantum Mechanics: A Parallel MLS Method” (with R. Glenn Brook, Charles A. Weatherford, Ioana Banicescu, and Jianping Zhu), International Journal of Quantum Chemistry, 85/4–5 (3 October 2001): 263–271.
- “Density of States of the Two-dimensional Hubbard Model on a 4x4 Lattice” (with Pak-Wo Leung, Z. Liu, E. Manousakis, and Mark A. Novotny), Physical Review B, 46/18 (November 1992), 11779-11786.
- “Implementation of the Lanczos Algorithm for the Hubbard Model on the Connection Machine CM-2 System” (with Pak-Wo Leung), Comp. in Phys., 6 (1992), 603.
- “On the Logic of the Ontological Argument” (with Edward N. Zalta), Philosophical Perspectives, 5:509–529, 1991. Selected for republication in The Philosopher's Annual: 1991, Volume XIV (1993): 255–275. Czech translation, “O Logice Ontologického Důkazu”, Petr Hromek (trans.), in Studia Neoaristotelica, 4/1 (2007): 5–27.
- “The Certainty of Skepticism” (with Ralf Meerbote), Grazer Philosophische Studien, 11 (1980).
- “The MIT Vision Machine” (coauthors: Tomaso Poggio, J. Little, E. Gamble, D. Geiger, D. Weinshall, M. Villalba, N. Larson, T. Cass, H. Bülthoff, M. Drumheller, W. Yang, A. Hurlbert, D. Beymer, P. O'Donnell, and W. Gillett), in Artificial Intelligence at MIT: Expanding Frontiers (Cambridge, MA, USA: MIT Press, 1991), pages 492–529. [Citation at ACM Portal]
The author retains the copyright to the following materials. They are subject to change on a daily basis without notice. Feel free to read these documents if you are interested in my current research topics; please do not disseminate or cite these works without first contacting the author.
- The Encoding Ontological Argument and an Abstract God.
- Representation and Interpretation in Computational Philosophy.
- Part of this work was included in an invited talk at the Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy, on June 21, 2012. Slides will be posted. Video has been posted on the MCMP store on iTunes U. The video is available in various formats at the re-launched MCMP website via the following search: Talks by Oppenheimer at LMU, and on iTunes U here.
- Part of this work was included in a keynote presentation at the Symposium on Computational Philosophy in Birmingham in July, 2012.
- Automation of the Principia Metaphysica in HOL: Part I (with Christoph E. Benzmüller and Edward N. Zalta).
- Definite Descriptions, Negative Free Logic, and Anselm's Proof Quod vere sit Deus in Proslogion 2
- On Casati on Routley's Logico-Metaphysical Neighbourhoods (with Fred Kroon)
- Fictional Properties and Abstract Object Theory (with Fred Kroon)
- The Emergence of Collective Entities (with Anne-Marie Grisogono)